- The car got a once-over by the Honda guys.
- The suitcase is (almost completely) packed.
- The cooler and snack box are packed.
- The iTunes and audiobooks and podcasts are loaded.
- The Garmin has a new voice.
- I have my passport.
- The car is washed.
- I have cash for tolls.
- I have hostess gifts.
- The cat-sitter is lined up.
- I need ice, breakfast, and coffee in the morning.
T minus twelve hours and counting.
One of my absolute favorite poems:
Travel ~ Edna St. Vincent Millay
The railroad track is miles away,
And the day is loud with voices speaking,
Yet there isn’t a train goes by all day
But I hear its whistle shrieking.
All night there isn’t a train goes by,
Though the night is still for sleep and dreaming,
But I see its cinders red on the sky,
And hear its engine steaming.
My heart is warm with friends I make,
And better friends I’ll not be knowing;
Yet there isn’t a train I wouldn’t take,
No matter where it’s going.