So if you, like me, were stupid enough to get an undergrad degree in something unemployable like history . . . So if you are a history nerd . . .
So if you like dates (the calendar type) it may interest you to know that it was a very busy day indeed in history.
- There’s D-Day, of course, 1944
- The Chicago El began operating, 1892
- Battle of Midway, 1942
- Robert F. Kennedy assassinated, 1968
- Patrick Henry died, 1799
- NBA created, 1946
- Tetris released, 1984
- Nathan Hale born, 1755 (short life, that)
- Julian Byng, 12th Governor General of Canada died, 1935 (relevant in relation to the Lady Byng trophy, donated by his wife as a reward for gentlemanly play and good sportsmanship in the NHL – yes, I too find that amusing)